Tamarack Ski Lodge is located at 7,000 feet in the High Sierras adjacent to National Scenic Highway 4 in Calaveras County, California. Easily reached from the Central Valley, the Bay Area and the Eastern slope of the Sierras. Easy access to Bear Valley Ski Area and cross-country ski trails just 5 minutes away, as well as very short drive to many hiking trails, lakes, mountain biking, fishing, kayaking or off-road adventures. A year-round outdoor paradise!
Tamarack Lodge consists of three separate buildings, with a total of 15 rentable units and a large common area, boasting approximately 11,300 square feet of living space and garage/storage on 5.7 acres of flat land. It is currently fully furnished for operation as a Bed & Breakfast. Large outdoor decks and the 5 acres of land provide plenty of opportunity to snow play in the winter.
The Main Lodge is a two-story building of approximately 8,000 square feet. The ground floor is approximately 4,000 square feet and consists of the following:
- Large guest room with comfortable seating, TV and ping pong table
- Well-equipped breakfast room and guest kitchen
- Bunk room for group accommodations and a small children’s play room
- Office space, additional private rooms, two storage rooms, separate men and women’s ADA accessible toilets
- Water is supplied from a 750 foot well with some of the purist water available in California, and stored in a 3,000-gallon water tank. Water is distributed to all building by means of a pressure tank and hot water is circulated in the main building for instant hot water
- Laundry room contains 2 new water heaters, 2 new washers, 2 electric dryers, and pressure pump & storage tank for water distribution to all buildings
- Heating is provided by a propane central heating system with three 500-gallon storage tanks
- Electricity provided by PG&E and backed up by a 20 kw propane-powered generator
- Septic system with leach fields
- Large parking areas for all 3 buildings with easy access from Highway 4
- Outside decks to the North & South
The upper floor is approximately 4,000 square feet is dedicated to:
- Nine guest sleeping rooms and separate men and women’s bathrooms at the end of the hallway, each with 3 showers, toilets and wash basins.
- The rooms provide a variety of sleeping accommodations with queens, singles and bunk beds.
- Heating is provided by an independent propane central heating system
The Back Chalet is a separate single-story building of approximately 900 square feet consisting of 3 units:
- Unit 1 is an ADA accessible unit with private shower and queen bed
- Unit 2 is a small room with a queen bed, single bed and private shower
- Unit 3 consists of 2 rooms with a kitchen and dining area and a separate bedroom containing a queen bed and a bunk bed with a private shower adjacent.
- Water is provided from the Main Lodge well system with an independent hot water heating tank supplying all 3 units.
- Propane forced air heating is provided by individual unit controllers in each unit. Septic system is shared with The Barn.
The Barn is a separate 2-story building of approximately 2400 square feet (including 1200 sq. ft. of garage space) that has the potential to be subdivided as a separate property. This consists of:
- Dual garage/storage, approximately 1,200 square feet and laundry facilities on the ground floor
- Two condo-style 2-room units on the upper floor, each approximately 600 square feet. Each unit has living/kitchen area, separate bedroom with queen and twin beds, and private bath
- Water is provided from the Main Lodge well system with an independent hot water heating tank. Individual room wall heaters provide for heating in the winter. Guests have access to the Main Lodge ground floor common areas.
- Independent septic system is shared with The Back Chalet.